Monday, September 9, 2013

a more positive nyc post

Broadway and the US Open and Times Square, oh my!  we certainly packed in a lot of goodness in our four day whirlwind trip.  not only was it fun to see the sights, but it was also amazing to see two of our best friends from Michigan and share those times with them.  despite my RA-induced shortcomings (which I talked enough about already - my apologies), the trip was truly a success.

it was Aaron's first time in the Big Apple, so we made sure to hit the must-sees and actually went to Times Square our first night there, even though we didn't get in till after midnight.  there is energy in the City!  I haven't been out that late in a long, long time, but it didn't even phase me to take a sweaty subway ride and walk miles in the hustle and bustle of Manhattan.

we stayed in Brooklyn at my cousin's home instead of in a hotel in the city like we have before.  I fell in love with Brooklyn - so charming - and having the comforts of home was priceless.  our own bedrooms, a patio to sit on each morning with our coffee, two bathrooms (a luxury when travelling with three men!).  we are forever grateful for that arrangement.

and now, some more pictures.









No comments:

Post a Comment