Saturday, August 10, 2013

paleo fail

the paleo journey lasted one whole day.  and I even cheated by having my regular oatmeal breakfast.  maybe I'm not strong enough or dedicated enough, but whatever it is, I just couldn't hack it.  I'm not the paleo diet type.  so on to the next thing.  or maybe just back to trying to eat healthy and manage the best I can.  hats off to all you radical diet types!  respect.

in other news, I started by internship with a local hospice agency.  one week in and I am already loving it.  I admire my supervisor and her offbeat ways.  she's pretty quirky and definitely disorganized, but her care for her clients and her respect for each of them in their particular situation is something to respect.  and that's what it's all about, right?  reaching people.  she reaches people.

I know this internship is going to stretch me in ways I'm not prepared for.  I know I'm going to learn some really important things about being a social worker.  my prayer is that God will start equipping me even now for the responsibilities I will be given and the things I will be asked to do.  I want to reach people too.

I'll leave with the verse of the day from by Bible app.  such sweet, astounding, life-shaping truth for the day, for always:
He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, that we might die to sin and live to righteousness.  By his wounds you have been healed. || I Peter 2:24

No comments:

Post a Comment